Not everyone is fortunate enough to live in a climactic paradise of perpetual sun, skimpy clothing, and smooth vajayjays. If your city is less than ideal in this respect, you need to push through the inertia and hit the streets twice as hard when the weather is bad.
The simple act of getting out in these situations will help minimize several demographics that stand in your way of gaming beautiful women:
1. Couples: “Oh honey it’s rainy out, let’s stay in and play with Pookums/watch a movie on the couch/avoid overtly acknowledging the monotony of our existence.” People in relationships are actively looking for reasons to stay home instead of patronizing the “creepy” bar scene, and are unlikely to brave the elements so they can pay $15 for a pair of Miller Lites. This also cuts down on committed women who are out with their friends, since the combination of bad weather and not looking for men is often enough to keep them home in pajamas even if they want to be social.
2. Bros who only care about getting drunk: “Fuck this rain, brah. Let’s kill this 30 rack of Keystone and play Halo.” These creatures may or may not pose a serious threat to your game, but they can take up space, make it more difficult to get a drink at the bar, and generally sour the atmosphere of your favorite laid-back pickup spot.
3. Large groups of girls out for no particular reason: Only when they are period-free, went to yoga class, are feeling adventurous, someone else is paying, and Halley’s comet is nigh will typical American girls get off the couch, put makeup on, and go out in public. Crappy weather is just another barrier to achieving this activation energy. Women in big groups are often difficult to approach and more likely to have a cockblocking mother hen among them, so their absence improves your expected value for every approach.
Which populations does bad weather not dissuade as much?
1. Girls who are out looking for men
2. Guys who are serious about the game.
“Bad weather game” is frenetic. You must be ready to bounce venues early and often, and the usual patterns of demographics and timing at your favorite places do not necessarily apply. You should be prepared for worse guy/girl ratios and fewer people on the scene in general.
The upside? You are likely to see a higher percentage of approachable girls, since they had a compelling reason to put themselves in a situation to meet people despite the obvious inconveniences. Bad weather can work particularly to your advantage if you have good logistics — say, an apartment within quick walking distance. Craft your approaches towards dropping small bait about about your lifestyle, and be ready to have a good reason (new music to listen to, a special drink, an impressive view) to suggest moving to your nearby warm and dry lair.
Going out in bad weather may seem counterintuitive, but it presents one option for optimizing your nights out and maximizing the power of your approaches when others are unwilling to grind. If your game is tight and you are looking to take fewer but higher-percentage shots, you need to go out when the weather sucks.